Monday, February 20, 2012

PARTITION'ing Types

Hello All,
I'm new to SQLServer 2005 though I have fairly good knowledge on SQLServer
2000.
I have to implement PARTITION feature that is in SQLServer 2005 and I was
going through BOL and I just wanted to clarify.
Are there Different Types of PARTITIONs. I'm asking since I would want to
chose the one that is optimal.
Thanks,
rgnHi rgn
It was originally planned that you could have either a RANGE partition or a
HASH partition, but HASH partitions did not make the cut. We only have RANGE
partitions.
--
HTH
Kalen Delaney, SQL Server MVP
www.InsideSQLServer.com
http://sqlblog.com
"rgn" <rgn@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:618481E3-2D7F-481D-9012-7B311D80BB8A@.microsoft.com...
> Hello All,
> I'm new to SQLServer 2005 though I have fairly good knowledge on SQLServer
> 2000.
> I have to implement PARTITION feature that is in SQLServer 2005 and I was
> going through BOL and I just wanted to clarify.
> Are there Different Types of PARTITIONs. I'm asking since I would want to
> chose the one that is optimal.
> Thanks,
> rgn
>

No comments:

Post a Comment