Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pass a Parameter into a textbox on a report?

I have a report that is unsing a multi-value parameter selection list. Based on the parameter I select, I would like to display the selection in a textbox directly on the report. Would someone know what statement I place into the textbox to capture the parameter:

Some details: 'read_perflvl' is the data field in the original database. 'perflvl' is the name of my report parameter.

I dropped the 'read_perflvl' field into the text box on my report and it defaulted to

"=First(Fields!read_perflvl.Value)" , and this actually worked fine if I selected only one parameter. But if I selected two or more from the multi-valued parameter list, it only shows the first one (clearly due to the FIRST function it is referencing) in the textbox.

Is there a different prefix to the statement that I can use so that it will display all of the parameter values I select?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dear esloat,

try the following expression in the text box.

-right click on the text box and select expression from the drop down menu.

-then write the following expression:

=parameters!perflvl.value

I think this should display the value of the selected parameter in the text box.

Sincerely,

Amde

|||

Amde, Wow, great minds think alike. Just as I received your message I had pasted that exact expression into the textbox - I lifted it from the code block that was refering to the parameter in the report.

Unfortunately when I run the report I get a non-discript '#ERROR' message returned. The rest of the report runs fine, but the value of the textbox displays as an error.

Might this be due to a conflict between a string and numeric value? The originating database field is a string. Does the parameter expression store the result as a numeric value?

Anyway, I'll keep trying and post if I resolve the error message. Thanks.

|||hi , u havnt tld me frm where to pass frm asp.net to reports . so u can do as report parameter id=new report parameter()
id.name="ur id name";
id.values.add(textbox1.text);
reportviewer.serverreport(id)

..in reports ,, use same field(=fileds!database.value)

deploy report,, and use in asp.net as
reportviewer.reportpath="report path" as "/ report project1/reports"

No comments:

Post a Comment