Monday, March 26, 2012

Passing mdx parameters to RS through URL (SharePoint Integrated Mode)

Hi there,

I'm running MOSS 2007 in Integrated Mode, and I have a number of reports that are deployed to the Reports Library, and are working just fine when you go there and run them interactively.

Now however, I need to address the report via a URL, and pass it a parameter. Just to add a bit more pain, the report is in mdx, and expects an mdx parameter.

Here is the parameter "prm_cost_centre":

[DIM LEARNER AIM].[COST CENTRE DESC].&[Business]

Here is the URL of the report:

http://vmmoss:88/ReportsLibrary/Report1.rdl

(If you hit that URL as is, it runs fine, using the default parameter)

Now, I know that we have to escape the ampersand, so I'm thinking that this URL should do it.

http://vmmoss:88/ReportsLibrary/Report1.rdl&rs:Command=Render&prm_cost_centre=[DIM LEARNER AIM].[COST CENTRE DESC].%26[Business]

But it doesn't - It throws a 400 Bad Request error.

I know I must be very close, but I just can't work out what URL I need to pass in order to get the damn thing to run.

Any ideas?

I don't have very much experience with MDX params, but I might recommend escaping the periods or possibly the [brackets] too. Sorry I can't offer much more advice than that, but as in any debug scenario, try truncating the param string until you get something that works, then go from there!

|||

It's not possible - you can't pass parameters through the URL when running Reporting Services in Integrated Mode.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb326290.aspx

How lame is that? All of a sudden, Integrated Mode becomes...worthless to most people, surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment