Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Passing Multiple values in Drill Through Report

I have a report called ReportA which has a group header that is summing
detail rows. In the textbox that I am using to some I have selected the
action property and set it to "Jump to" ReportB. ReportB has a parameter of
StudentID. Based on Summed values from the detail section of ReportA I would
like to pass the StudentID's to ReportB. Basically what I'm saying is I
would like for ReportA to pass ReportB a parameter that has multiple values.
Either this way or any way that based on the action property of a textbox I
could pass the multiple values to another report. Any help or ideas would be
appreciated.Should work similar to other multiple value parameter reports. Search this
newsgroup for "multi-value parameters" and "multiple parameters" for
postings from folks who have asked similar question.
--
-- "This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
rights."
jhmiller@.online.microsoft.com
"P" <P@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BCD0DCB4-C644-491D-91FC-79349F89085E@.microsoft.com...
>I have a report called ReportA which has a group header that is summing
> detail rows. In the textbox that I am using to some I have selected the
> action property and set it to "Jump to" ReportB. ReportB has a parameter
> of
> StudentID. Based on Summed values from the detail section of ReportA I
> would
> like to pass the StudentID's to ReportB. Basically what I'm saying is I
> would like for ReportA to pass ReportB a parameter that has multiple
> values.
> Either this way or any way that based on the action property of a textbox
> I
> could pass the multiple values to another report. Any help or ideas would
> be
> appreciated.|||One problem is that I have a cell on a table that is the sum of other values.
I need to set the action property for this cell that is summing to be able
to pass as a parameter StudentID's of the related records that make up the
summed values. If I can get pass this I can accomplish what I need.
Thanks!
"John H. Miller" wrote:
> Should work similar to other multiple value parameter reports. Search this
> newsgroup for "multi-value parameters" and "multiple parameters" for
> postings from folks who have asked similar question.
> --
> -- "This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
> rights."
> jhmiller@.online.microsoft.com
> "P" <P@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:BCD0DCB4-C644-491D-91FC-79349F89085E@.microsoft.com...
> >I have a report called ReportA which has a group header that is summing
> > detail rows. In the textbox that I am using to some I have selected the
> > action property and set it to "Jump to" ReportB. ReportB has a parameter
> > of
> > StudentID. Based on Summed values from the detail section of ReportA I
> > would
> > like to pass the StudentID's to ReportB. Basically what I'm saying is I
> > would like for ReportA to pass ReportB a parameter that has multiple
> > values.
> > Either this way or any way that based on the action property of a textbox
> > I
> > could pass the multiple values to another report. Any help or ideas would
> > be
> > appreciated.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment