Friday, March 30, 2012

Passing paramers in URL to Sharepoint Deep Integrated SSRS Report

I am currently struggling with this one, can anyone help with this supposedly
simple problem.
I am trying to pass report parameters to a Report that exists on A
Sharepoint Site that has had SSRS Deep Intergration applied. Can someone give
me the typical URL to do this, and let me know the parameter settings I need
to set against the RDL.
Reading the msdn stuff suggests it is as simple as adding
¶mname=paramvalue
to the URL that points to the RDL file, but my parameters are being ignored
totally. I have tried playing with the Prompt and default settings of the RDL
file, but whatever I try my URL passed parameter fails. Is there even some
security settings somewhere along the chain that is preventing this query
string interpretation?
This must be something very simple and straight forward for any Sharepoint
SSRS Deep Integration experts out there (are there any of those out there
yet?)
Maybe Microsoft could even assist on this one under the 48 hours response
promise this time?
--
Steve GHello Steve,
I am sorry that currently our internal application got some error and we
did not get your post. So we did not response at the quick manner.
I would like to know what URL you are using to access the Report.
You could see that when we use the URL to access the erport, we use the
ReportServer.
So you may try to use like this:
http://servername/reportserver?/Sales/YearlySalesSummary&rs:Command=Render&r
s:ShowHideToggle=13¶metername=value
Hope this helps.
Sincerely,
Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support
==================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
==================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||Wei, I'm having the same problem as the person who started this
thread. The problem is stemming from the fact that in SP2 when you
configure a server for "integrated mode with SharePoint" and not
"native mode", reports (the rdl files) are stored directly in a
SharePoint document library and you can no longer load them using the
"/reportserver?" type syntax for the URL. You have to reference them
in the document library, not on the report server. Now, I've gotten a
parameterless report to render but if an RDL file needs parameters it
ignores any parameters I set in the URL string. The report loads with
this error:
"Report parameter values must be specified before the report can be
displayed. Choose parameter values in the parameters area and click
the Apply button."
which is not true because I did pass them. Here is a sample URL I use:
https://www.mycompany.com/mysite/_layouts/ReportServer/RSViewerPage.aspx?RelativeReportUrl=/mysite/myDocumentLibrary/test.rdl&KeyDate=10/5/2007
This report has only 1 parameter (KeyDate) and it ignores what I pass
in the URL string. PLEASE HELP. I've posted questions about this since
April 07 and nobody has given me a solution yet. I can of course send
parameters to a report using the "Jump To Report" method within the
report designer, but many people like myself prefer to use the "Jump
To URL" method because we can use javascript to launch the drilldown
report in a new window. That's the only reason I don't use "Jump To
Report" since "Jump To Report" always replaces the currently loaded
report with the drilldown report. Very annoying. If the RS development
team would add that feature to let us selectively open a drilldown in
a new window, then this issue would be solved. I've wanted that
feature since RS 2000 and still nothing yet.
Another related problem is that I used to be able to use the Globals
collection such as Globals.ReportName, Globals.ReportServerURL, etc
but they no longer work in SharePoint integrated mode. This is a big
problem too, because I now have to hard code my www.company.com URL in
every drilldown link of every report. That's a big maintainance issue
especially when going from a development to a production server URL.
So far, I'm disappointed with SharePoint integrated mode because of
these shortcomings. SSRS SP2 highly publicized the fantastic
integration with SharePoint, wo-ho! And I adopted and bought into it
and moved our reports to this mode. But these drawbacks are terribly
disappointing. Plus, the reports render much slower because of the 2
server model, but I'm disgressing here...
Does anyone out there using SharePoint mode have answers to these
issues'|||Hello Dave,
According to the product team, this issue maybe the product limitation and
they are still looking for the workaround yet.
Once I got any response, I will update ASAP.
Sincerely,
Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support
==================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
==================================================This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||Nice Wei Lu/Microsoft. It is a feature of SSRS that passing parameters
through a URL doesn't work. Talk about being LAZY... we've been looking for
answers on this for months and your answer is barely better than 'thank you
drive through'. Im having the same problem without explanation and without
Sharepoint integration. Back to Crystal for us I guess.
"Wei Lu [MSFT]" wrote:
> Hello Dave,
> According to the product team, this issue maybe the product limitation and
> they are still looking for the workaround yet.
> Once I got any response, I will update ASAP.
>
> Sincerely,
> Wei Lu
> Microsoft Online Community Support
> ==================================================> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
> ==================================================> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment