Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Passing multiple-values as a parameter

I am trying to drill through to a secondary report passing multiple values as a parameter.

For eg. I would like the user to select multiple years (2005,2006) from the drop-down parameter and pass that on to a secondary report.

When I select multiple values and pass that as a parameter, the parameter in the second report defaults to 'All' or in some case the first of the multiple parameters (i.e only 2005 is passed).

I don't have any problems passing single valued parameters. Any help would be appreciated.

FYI - I am using an Analysis Cube as the data source for the report.

Thanks

You can do this by using the Split function, search this forum there are plenty of examples of how to use it.

e.g. http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=227106&SiteID=1

|||

Please read this related thread: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=164056&SiteID=1

-- Robert

|||Thanks, I got this to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment