Wednesday, March 28, 2012

passing multivalue parameter in a URL action

How can I pass a multivalue parameter via a URL action on a report item?

I've tried using Split and Join but it doesnt work.

Any ideas?

Multivalue paramters are accessed in URL within the following schema:

Report_Param_Name=A&Report_Param_Name=B&Report_Param_Name=C

so AFAIK you would have to write some own sophisticated code to do this.

HTH; Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de|||

What if we have to pass select all as a parameter?

I am trying to pass select all as parameter because I have a lot of items and IE won't let me pass such a big url.

Please help.

|||

There is no special "select all" value.

If you have many values, maybe you should redesign your query/report so that you add a special value to the valid value list which has the implicit semantics of "select all" in your dataset.

-- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment