Friday, March 30, 2012

passing NT Authentication thru OLEDB

I've got an intranet page that connects to my SQL server, and I'm trying to force it to use NT Authentication when it does.

Already the Intranet uses NT Challenge-and-response authentication so that when I go to an intranet page I have to login. But then when I go to the page that connects to SQL, I get:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e4d'

Login failed for user 'IUSR_COMPUTERNAME'.

Why isn't it passing MY user id? Why is it trying to use the anonymous IUSR id?Post your connection string. Also, what is your version of iis, sql server and windows ?|||Originally posted by rnealejr
Post your connection string. Also, what is your version of iis, sql server and windows ?

IIS 5 (Win2k Server) and SQL2k.

Turned out I needed to change the authentication on the website to BASIC instead of Native.|||Do you mean from integrated to basic ?|||Originally posted by rnealejr
Do you mean from integrated to basic ?

Yes, that is what I meant.

I was hoping to post the URL to the KB article that pointed me in that direction, but now I can't find it.. sorry everyone.|||When you find it - please post the article.|||Found it:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q247/9/31.ASP&NoWebContent=1sql

No comments:

Post a Comment