Friday, March 30, 2012

Passing Out Parameter to Sybase Stored Proc from RS

I am defining the Output parameter from Sybase Stored Proc.
How can I define the OUT Parm in RS and display that parm result in Header?
Any help is appreciated.I don't think you can. Instead have your last statement be a select
statement.
BTW, did you solve the problem of what provider to use. Did you go with ODBC
or were you able to stick with OleDB.
--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Sujay" <Sujay@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CEDAB7E2-590C-4B74-B937-8FDFA73433A8@.microsoft.com...
> I am defining the Output parameter from Sybase Stored Proc.
> How can I define the OUT Parm in RS and display that parm result in
Header?
> Any help is appreciated.|||Bruce,
We are sticking with OLE-DB.
The problem using OLE-DB was , I cannot pass char or varchar datatype as a
i/p parameter to a stored proc.
I got the alternate solution to this problem:
I can define the report as command type of "Text" and call the proc in the
following way:
="Proc_Name "+chr(34)+parameters!strParm.value+chr(34) + "," +
chr(34)+parameters!dtParm.value+chr(34)
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> I don't think you can. Instead have your last statement be a select
> statement.
> BTW, did you solve the problem of what provider to use. Did you go with ODBC
> or were you able to stick with OleDB.
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "Sujay" <Sujay@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:CEDAB7E2-590C-4B74-B937-8FDFA73433A8@.microsoft.com...
> > I am defining the Output parameter from Sybase Stored Proc.
> > How can I define the OUT Parm in RS and display that parm result in
> Header?
> >
> > Any help is appreciated.
>
>|||Sujay,
I am trying to pass a string parameter to ASE OLE DB Provider for Sybase.
Where exactly do you use the syntax you mention below? The SQL pane in the
report designer does not appear to allow anything other than the string that
will be passed to the OLE DB provider (even quotes).
Thanks,
John
"Sujay" wrote:
> Bruce,
> We are sticking with OLE-DB.
> The problem using OLE-DB was , I cannot pass char or varchar datatype as a
> i/p parameter to a stored proc.
> I got the alternate solution to this problem:
> I can define the report as command type of "Text" and call the proc in the
> following way:
> ="Proc_Name "+chr(34)+parameters!strParm.value+chr(34) + "," +
> chr(34)+parameters!dtParm.value+chr(34)
>
> "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> > I don't think you can. Instead have your last statement be a select
> > statement.
> >
> > BTW, did you solve the problem of what provider to use. Did you go with ODBC
> > or were you able to stick with OleDB.
> >
> > --
> > Bruce Loehle-Conger
> > MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> >
> > "Sujay" <Sujay@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:CEDAB7E2-590C-4B74-B937-8FDFA73433A8@.microsoft.com...
> > > I am defining the Output parameter from Sybase Stored Proc.
> > > How can I define the OUT Parm in RS and display that parm result in
> > Header?
> > >
> > > Any help is appreciated.
> >
> >
> >|||You put this in the generic query designer. Your query can be an expression.
Personally I would use the & instead of a + sign. What he is doing is
enclosing any strings in single quote marks.
Also note that parameters are case sensitive.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"John" <John@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6D8F5670-454D-47E0-97A6-AAD3E695599A@.microsoft.com...
> Sujay,
> I am trying to pass a string parameter to ASE OLE DB Provider for Sybase.
> Where exactly do you use the syntax you mention below? The SQL pane in
the
> report designer does not appear to allow anything other than the string
that
> will be passed to the OLE DB provider (even quotes).
> Thanks,
> John
> "Sujay" wrote:
> > Bruce,
> >
> > We are sticking with OLE-DB.
> > The problem using OLE-DB was , I cannot pass char or varchar datatype as
a
> > i/p parameter to a stored proc.
> > I got the alternate solution to this problem:
> > I can define the report as command type of "Text" and call the proc in
the
> > following way:
> > ="Proc_Name "+chr(34)+parameters!strParm.value+chr(34) + "," +
> > chr(34)+parameters!dtParm.value+chr(34)
> >
> >
> > "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > I don't think you can. Instead have your last statement be a select
> > > statement.
> > >
> > > BTW, did you solve the problem of what provider to use. Did you go
with ODBC
> > > or were you able to stick with OleDB.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bruce Loehle-Conger
> > > MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> > >
> > > "Sujay" <Sujay@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:CEDAB7E2-590C-4B74-B937-8FDFA73433A8@.microsoft.com...
> > > > I am defining the Output parameter from Sybase Stored Proc.
> > > > How can I define the OUT Parm in RS and display that parm result in
> > > Header?
> > > >
> > > > Any help is appreciated.
> > >
> > >
> > >sql

No comments:

Post a Comment