Friday, March 30, 2012

Passing null value parameter to a data-driven subscription

I have a data-driven subscription (DDS) stored procedure that gets called when a subscription fires and returns parameters to a report. One of the parameter values I want to return is NULL, which also happens to be the default value of the corresponding report parameter.

When I set the report parameter to use the default value (NULL) when setting up the subscription in Report Manager, the subscription works fine. When I try to pass the NULL value from the DDS proc to the report, the subscription fails.

I do not know what the error logs say. I've rarely looked at them and what I have seen seems a bit cryptic. I've narrowed down through trial-and-error that passing the NULL value is the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and do you have a resolution?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I am having the same issue, please let me know if you have found a resolution.

Thank you,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment