Friday, March 30, 2012

passing parameter FROM REPORT TO WINDOWS APP

Hi all. Is it possible to pass parameter FROM Report to my windows application(C#) ? Report is made in Business Intelligence Project. I just want to retrieve the total row number to my windows appication. Is it possible? If yes, Can you provide codes for this? Thanks. Your help would be highly appreciated.

-Ron-

Yes you can pass parameter values from your report to your windows application.

Have a default value for your parameter which is the count of rows of the table and then use Values property of ReportParametersInfo class ro retrieve the value.

Shyam

|||Excluding creative approaches such as exporting the report to HTML and parsing the HTML payload, in general the user has to initiate an action explicitly in the report. Then, assuming you use the Windows Report Viewer, you can sink the event. See the hypelink example in this article.|||

Shyam - I have no idea of what you are saying. Can you provide me sample codes for this? thanks.

Teo Lachev - yes i am using windows report viewer. can't find the hyperlink example in link you gave.

Please Help me....

-Ron-

|||In the link I gave you, there is another link that will bring you to a DevX article. From there you can download a code sample that shows how to sink a hyperlink event.

No comments:

Post a Comment