Friday, March 30, 2012

Passing parameter in MDX query

Hi,
I am facing problem during passing the parameters in MDX query. I need tp
pass two parameter in my dataset, but not sure whether I am writing correct
query or not. as I am getting error during parsing the query.
here the query
SELECT {
[Measures].[SAT ARR], [Measures].[SAT Warranty ARR]
} on columns,
NON EMPTY NonEmptyCrossJoin(
[Component Parts].[Part].Members,
NonEmptyCrossJoin([Batch].[Batch].Members, [Building Code].[Building
Code].Members)
)
on rows FROM [CUBE NAME]
WHERE (" + Parameters!ManufactureDate.Value + ", " +
Parameters!Suppliername.Value + ")
--
The two parameter I have declared in parameter box with multiselect value
option.
while executiing the query I am gettiign belwo message.
"The tuple function expects a tuplet set of expression for the argument.A
string or numeric was used"
Please help me to write the correct syntax for this mdx.
Appreciate your help
Regards
SomuMosha Pasumansky has written an article called "Writing multiselect friendly
MDX calculations":
http://www.sqljunkies.com/WebLog/mosha/archive/2005/11/18/multiselect_friendly_mdx.aspx
Maybe you'll find your answer there. :)
Have you tried your query without parameters in an MDX parser? If not, try
it and you might figure out how the query should be before trying with the
parameters.
Kaisa M. Lindahl
"Somu" <Somu@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:65941D3D-8CBB-494C-9E95-3F4FD983E31F@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am facing problem during passing the parameters in MDX query. I need tp
> pass two parameter in my dataset, but not sure whether I am writing
> correct
> query or not. as I am getting error during parsing the query.
> here the query
> SELECT {
> [Measures].[SAT ARR], [Measures].[SAT Warranty ARR]
> } on columns,
> NON EMPTY NonEmptyCrossJoin(
> [Component Parts].[Part].Members,
> NonEmptyCrossJoin([Batch].[Batch].Members, [Building Code].[Building
> Code].Members)
> )
> on rows FROM [CUBE NAME]
> WHERE (" + Parameters!ManufactureDate.Value + ", " +
> Parameters!Suppliername.Value + ")
> --
> The two parameter I have declared in parameter box with multiselect value
> option.
> while executiing the query I am gettiign belwo message.
> "The tuple function expects a tuplet set of expression for the argument.A
> string or numeric was used"
> Please help me to write the correct syntax for this mdx.
> Appreciate your help
> Regards
> Somu

No comments:

Post a Comment